Provides you protection during the construction period for contract works
Contractors’ All Risks insurance policy is designed to provide protection during the construction period for contract works against loss or damage to property including construction material and third party liability for accidental bodily injury or property damage in connection with the performance of the contract
NOTE: The information shown here is for reference only. All benefits and features mentioned here are subject to the terms and conditions of the policy. Please refer to the policy contract for the precise terms and conditions of this insurance plan.
More About National Insurance Contractorsʼ All Risk Product
Section I – Material Damage: It provides cover against sudden and unforeseen physical loss or damage in respect of all the risks (except as specifically excluded in the policy) to the contract works/construction materials/property insured onsite during the period of insurance.
Section II – Third Party Liability: This section covers in respect of third party liability for which you shall become legally liable to pay as damages consequent upon: -
- accidental bodily injury to or illness of third parties; and/or
- accidental loss of or damage to property belonging to third parties
occurring in direct connection with the contract works named under Section I of the policy in the immediate vicinity of the contract site during the period of insurance.
The period of insurance corresponds with the contract period inclusive of the Defects Liability or Maintenance Period as stipulated in the Letter of Award. The period can be extended accordingly upon Principal approval or request.
Major Exclusions under the policy:
- Act of terrorism, war and related risks
- Radioactive and nuclear energy risks
- Willful acts or willful negligence
- Faulty design
- The cost of replacement, repair or rectification of defective material and/or workmanship
- Mechanical and/or electrical breakdown or derangement of construction plant and machinery
- Consequential loss of any kind including penalties, losses due to delay, lack of performance, loss of contract
- Industries Seepage, Pollution and Contamination
- Loss arising from Asbestos exposure
- Act of fraud
- Infectious/Contagious Disease or Epidemic
Note: This list is non-exhaustive. Please refer to the policy contract for the full list of terms and conditions.
( PDF | Filesize. 173 KB )
( PDF | Filesize. 175 KB )