MARKET LEADER IN
A proactive and innovative approach to insurance; focused upon our local industry and our social responsibility to our community.
Your privacy is of utmost importance to National Insurance Company Berhad (“NICB”).
You should ensure that all Personal Data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct. If there is a variation to your personal particulars such as your residential/mailing address, email address or telephone number, please promptly update us. This ensures that you will continue to receive communications from us without delay. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with products and services you have requested.
NICB will collect Personal Data from an individual when it considers the Personal Data reasonably necessary for the relevant purposes underlying such processing.
Examples of your Personal Data which may be collected by us include the following:
- Personal particulars such as your name, residential address, contact details, date of birth, country of nationality, NRIC, passport or other identification number and any other Personal Data reasonably required in order for us to provide products or services requested by you;
- Claims Data, including any Personal Data such as photographs, reports provided in the course of any investigation that NICB may need to undertake;
- Personal opinions through surveys or other forms of feedback;
- Any other Personal Data required to comply with any applicable local laws, rules, acts, regulations, notices, guidelines, as may be amended from to time.
- Any other information relation to any individuals which you have provided us in any forms you may have submitted to us, or via other forms of interaction with you.
At all times, we collect only the Personal Data on a “need-to know” basis and for the purposes of providing our products or services to you.
We collect Personal Data in a number of ways, including:
- when you submit any form, including but not limited to application, declaration, or proposal or forms;
- when you enter into any agreement or provide other documentation or information in respect of your interactions and transactions with us, or when you use our services;
- when you interact with our staff, and other representatives, for e.g., via telephone calls, letters, fax, face-to-face meetings, digital platforms (including social media) and email;
- when you use our electronic services, or interact with us via our websites or use services on our websites;
- when you request that we contact you, be included in an email or other mailing list; or when you respond to our request for additional Personal Data, our promotions and other initiatives;
- when you are contacted by, and respond to, our staff and agents and other service providers;
- when you submit an employment application or when you provide documents or information including your resume and/or curriculum vitae in connection with any appointment as an officer, director, representative or any other position;
- when we receive references from business partners and third parties, for example, where you have been referred by them;
- when your images are captured by us via CCTV cameras while you are within our premises, or via photographs or videos taken by us or our representatives when you attend events hosted by us;
- when we seek or receive information about you in connection with your policy, policy applications, claims or job applications, for example, from other insurers, insurance associations, hospitals, clinics, motor workshops, your ex-employer and the relevant authorities; and/or
- when you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reason.
If you provide us with any Personal Data relating to a third party (e.g., information of your spouse, children, parents, and/or employees), including where you have named them as beneficiaries, or where you refer a third party to us for the purposes of us offering our products and/or services to that third party, by submitting such information to us you have obtained the consent of the third party to you providing us with their Personal Data for the respective purposes.
Generally, NICB collect, uses and discloses your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- responding to, processing and handling your requests, complaints, feedback, recommendations and requests;
- verifying your identity;
- managing the administrative and business operations of the Companies and complying with internal policies and procedures;
- requesting feedback or participation in surveys, as well as conducting market research and/or analysis for statistical, profiling or other purposes for us to design our products, understand customer behaviour, preferences and market trends, and to review, develop and improve the quality of our products and services;
- preventing, detecting and investigating crime, including detecting anomalies in payment systems to prevent fraud and money-laundering or terrorist financing, and analysing and managing commercial risks;
- managing the safety and security of our premises and services (including but not limited to carrying out CCTV surveillance and conducting security clearances);
- providing media announcements and responses;
- organizing promotional events;
- in connection with any claims, actions or proceedings (including but not limited to drafting and reviewing documents, transaction documentation, obtaining legal advice, and facilitating dispute resolution), and/or protecting and enforcing our contractual and legal rights and obligations;
- managing and preparing reports on incidents and accidents;
- complying with any applicable rules, laws and regulations, codes of practice or guidelines or to assist in law enforcement and investigations by relevant authorities (including but not limited to disclosures to regulatory bodies, conducting audit checks, surveillance and investigation or conducting customer due diligence); and/or
- any other purposes relating to or reasonably necessary for any of the aforesaid.
These purposes may also apply even if you do not maintain any policy or relationship with us, or have terminated the policy or relationship with us.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that Personal Data are protected from unauthorized access and other similar risks. All Data gathered by NICB is stored in systems that may only be accessed by authorised NICB staff using assigned user ids and passwords.
All Personal Data received by NICB in the course of providing its Product and/or Services is confidential and shall remain confidential to which NICB shall not provide or make the Personal Data in any other way available to any Third Party without prior consent.
By continuing to use our services after the changes come into effect means that you agree to be bound by the revised policy.
This Policy is not intended to create any contractual right between the company and its customers.
If you have any questions, comments and/or requests regarding Personal Data, please call us at +673 2226222 or email us at email@example.com.