It is the duty of the Assured and their Agents, in all cases, to take such measure as may be reasonable for the purpose of averting or minimizing a loss and to ensure that all right against Carriers, Bailees or other third parties are properly preserved and exercised. In particular, the Assured or their Agents are required.
- To claim immediately on the Carriers Port Authorities or other Bailees for any missing packages.
- In no circumstances except under written protest, to give clean receipts where goods are in doubtful conditions.
When delivery is made by Container, to ensure that the Container and its seals are examined immediately by their responsible official. If the Container is delivered damaged or with seals broken or missing or with seals other than as stated in the shipping documents, to clause the delivery receipt accordingly and retain all defective or irregular seals for subsequent identifications.
- To apply immediately for survey by Carriers or other Bailees 'Representatives if any loss or damage be apparent and claim on the Carriers or other Bailees for any actual loss or damage found at such survey.
- To give notice in writting to the Carriers or other Bailees within 3days of delivery if the loss or damage was not aparent at the time of taking delivery.
Kindly submit the claim form together with the following supporting documents :-
- Original policy or certificate of insurance
- original copy of shipping invoices, together with shipping specification and/or weight notes.
- original bill of loading or Airway Bill and/or other contract of carriage.
- Survey report or other documentary evidence to show extent of the loss or damage.
- Landing account and weight notes at final destination.
- Copies of correspondence exchange with the carrier, Port Authority and Forwarding Agents regarding their liability for the loss/ damage together with their reply.